Simplify the expense import process using our import template!
▶️ Click here to download the import template.
To import expenses into Plannuh:
- Upload your expense file (.xlsx/.csv) - Starting at the Expense Import tool, upload your import file and specify the row on which the import should begin.
- Map your fields - Plannuh will try to map your fields automatically. Review/update the field mappings as appropriate.
Things to keep in mind:
- Only the first tab of an XLS/XLSX file will be imported. Other tabs will be ignored.
- Configure your budget structure first so you can import expenses directly to the appropriate place.
- How you structure your import file matters in a few important ways:
During import, you must specify the target Budget and Budget Segment to which expenses will be imported.
During import, you must also specify timeframe/s for each expense. For example, if you specify a single timeframe (e.g., “Q1”) to an expense, it will be directly imported as a single expense (e.g., $10k for FEDEX = $10k for FEDEX in Q1). If, however, you specify multiple timeframes (e.g., “Q1”, “Q4”) to an expense, each child expense will be divided equally across each (e.g., $10k for FEDEX = $5k for FEDEX in Q1 and Q4).